Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Laundry Scene or Crime Scene?

According to Webster's Dictionary, the word "expectation" can be defined as:
       1.  The act of expecting - looking forward to the probable occurrence or appearance of
       2.  Eager anticipation

For all of you married readers, you probably remember talking about "expectations" during your premarital counseling sessions.  As a newlywed (many years ago), I remember getting very frustrated with my husband when he didn't take out the trash or put gas in my car.  Did I tell him that this was a requirement for marrying me?  No, I just expected him to do it.  After four years of dating, I thought he had me all figured out.  Yeah right!  After 9 years of marriage, I'm still learning about expectations........and laughing at my lack of communication.

Friday evening, I headed out for my weekend adventure.  I was so excited to get out of the house and felt great knowing that the house was clean and the week's chores had been completed (doing the happy housewife dance)!  However, I soon realized that there was one job left undone.  The wet laundry was still sitting in the washer.  No problem!  I texted my lovely hubby to take care of the situation.  After not hearing back from him, I assumed that all was well at home (laundry-wise).

Before you look at the picture, keep one thing in mind.  When it comes to laundry, I am a perfectionista, a queen of the Oxy Clean.  In the utility room, we have a special closet just for air-drying clothes.  Yes, we have an excellent electric dryer, but I don't like my clothes to shrink or fade.  When I arrived home Sunday evening, I unexpectedly stepped onto my husband's method of clothes drying madness.


Is this a laundry scene or a crime scene?  Clothes were everywhere!  Not only were there wrinkled clothes on the floor, but the bed and other furniture were covered too!  Needless to say, I was speechless.  However, my husband simply did what I asked.  I quickly realized that my housewife job is important and we all need a good laugh every now and then.  Thankfully, the furniture was not damaged and we have a working iron.  Here's to verbalizing our expectations, to my wonderful husband, .....and to wrinkled BVDs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment